5.27.2011

an entry table, applique attempts and the pool

As you can tell from the title this post is going to be all over the place :) Let's start with the a table redo.

I have been looking for an entry table for our foyer for about a year. The criteria was an open table that would be small enough to fit our foyer but big enough to throw our keys, cell phones and mail on.  It also could not cost a lot of money. Seems like that would be an easy find right? After MONTHS of searching I finally found something that would fit our foyer for about $15.00. I loved the lines of the table but it was covered in a very dark stain which did not help to show off the beautiful table. Also our foyer/mudroom has tile floors so I wanted something light to contrast with the dark tile. A few weekends ago when my parents were visiting I got the chance to sand the table and decided to paint it a soft blue grey that I left over from another project. It was a color match so I am not sure what the original color name is. Here is the after.
 It sat like this for awhile but it just felt boring. I was going to distress it in some places but  I just felt like that was not going to be enough. So the other day I decided to add stripes to the top which I think adds just enough interest without being to much for this small space.
While I am not painting I have been sewing like crazy. I have been attempting applique outfits for Will since the real deal costs an arm and a leg. Now I don't have an embroidery machine so this is not a real applique and they are far from perfect but I still think my little man looks cute! I will post the details later but for now here is a sneak peak at what I have been up to.
We ended the busy week with Will's first trip to the pool. He loves the bath so given that the pool is pretty much like a bath but outside I thought this would be a good way to spend the afternoon. Apparently in Will's mind there is a big difference because every time I put him in the water he would cry. However, while he did not love the pool he was a champ at laying out :)
I met a friend there and she had her little boy with her who loves Will which is a good thing since he is about to get a cute baby brother just like Will.
I am certain that by the end of the summer my little guy will LOVE the pool. After all both Dave and I were on swim teams and not to brag but I won a few metals in my time. Will's dad on the other hand attended the swim meets because of course given the name he was certain they would be serving meat. I wonder who Will is going to take after :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...