5.19.2011

easy summertime pasta

I wanted to share a pasta recipe with you all that is perfect for the summer. I make it at least once a week when veggies are fresh and we never get tired of it.
Ingredients:
-Pasta - you can use any kind of pasta but I used penne for this batch
-Shredded Chicken - I use rotisserie if I am in a hurry and don't have time to boil and shred chicken breasts
-Feta - again any kind of cheese would work I just had this on hand
-Cucumber
-Tomatoes -  I used vine ripe tomatoes for this batch but typically I use cherry tomatoes
-Green Onion
-Italian Dressing - or whatever you favorite dressing is. Sometimes I just do balsamic and oil.

Chop and mix all the ingredients together in a big bowl and then add enough dressing to lightly coat veggies and pasta (you can always add more later). Refrigerate for a few hours until chilled (or you can pop it in the fridge for a few minutes to cool off if you are starving) and then devour!
Sometimes to mix it up I will add fresh spinach, carrots, green peppers or really whatever veggie I have in the fridge. The pasta tastes even better the next day after all of the veggies have sat in the dressing! Enjoy and let me know if you make it!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds SO good! Next time we hang out can you make this?

    jk.

    but, let's hang out soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog from Rachel's and this looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...