5.05.2011

fun striped straws

 I recently found these straws online and love them!


They are popping up all over blogs and I had to jump on the bandwagon :) I plan on using them at Will's first birthday which I know is 8 months away but I figure it is never to early to start planning! I had also wanted to get them for a baby shower I threw for a friend a month or so ago so that was my excuse to purchase them 2 months after my son was born :) I used them at the shower for drinks as well as for the base of the pinwheels I made.


I used this tutorial online and they are super easy to make. I tweaked it a little so I could use the straws instead of a pencil but other than that it was pretty straight forward. I decided to kept the pinwheels around my house even after the shower as a fun decoration.


While we were visiting Nashville a few weeks ago I found the same straws in blue at a store in Franklin and of courses had to pick up another pack.


I guess I have the colors now for Will's first birthday! Now I just need to make sure I don't miss place then between now and December :) I hope Will likes his birthday straws because I will be using them at every party until he is 18 because there are 144 straws in a pack (and yeah I know have 2)!

Sorry this was such a quick post but I am off to make a special present for my niece's 4th birthday this weekend. I cannot believe she is turning 4. I was at the hospital when she was born and I cannot believe this sweet little girl is growing up so fast. She loves her cousin which I think is so sweet! The below picture is them meeting for the first time last January.


Stay tuned because I hope to be back later today with pictures from the baby shower where the grey straws made their first appearance!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...