9.02.2011

a weekend of crafts and Nana's

This past week seems like it has been a whirlwind around here. My mom lives in Norfolk, Virginia and was under a mandatory evacuation last week before Hurricane Irene so she came up to us early Friday morning. In order to prepare for the weekend {we were supposed to get some of that weather up here in Northern Virginia} I did what any normal person would do and went out and stocked up on goodies from both Joanne and Michaels :) We spent the weekend crafting and eating just in case the power went out {it didn't and I am now 50 lbs heavier :) }. After the hurricane had passed and we got word that my parent's house was okay and did not flood {we are so thankful} my mom, Will and I made a quick trip down to Charlotte, NC to visit my Nana. She had not gotten to meet Will yet and I was excited for the two of them to meet. Nana's birthday was also on Tuesday {she turned 91!} so we wanted to be able to celebrate her special day with her. She is so special to me and I am so proud of how well she is doing. She is an amazing seamstress and cook and while the cooking skipped my generation I like to think that I inherited some of her sewing skills. The only thing missing from our trip was my pop-pop but he went to be with Jesus last summer so I will just have to look forward to the day when we can all be together again. I miss him so much. I have more pictures to share from my trip but I am still unpacking and cleaning from the crazy week so this going to be a shorter post.
I will leave you with a few sneak peaks at all of the crafts I accomplished last weekend. I am hoping to do detailed posts each day next week explaining each one of the pictures below plus more so make sure to stop back in!
 Have a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...