8.25.2011

a simple change

So a few weeks ago I blogged about the prints in my kitchen that I had made a few months before. Well, little did you know but that same day I changed them :)

A few years ago I discovered Farrow and Ball wallpaper and I have never been the same since. I mean they are b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l! Unfortunately, they are way to expensive for our cheap small design budget but I did end up ordering a few samples for a client. I thought they would arrive as little swatches like fabric but to my surprise the samples came in large sheets. For years I have been staring at these beauties. After looking at the flower prints for a year I decided I needed a change and remembered my collection of wallpaper samples. I ended up swapping out the flowers for the beautiful wallpaper and ordering a few more samples of my favorite patterns in different color ways to mix in. Farrow and Ball if you are reading this I promise to one day use your paper in my home that is right after I win the lottery or if you want to give me some for free. I am not to proud to beg :) Since the kitchen is getting a redo the frames had to move so here is their new home.

stairway before....
 and after
 My two favorite wallpaper patterns
Someone please order one of the above papers and send me pics. Wait maybe don't do that because I might cry in envy :)

As you can see from the above pics we still have to stain the stairs, paint the banister and get a new light but I am a little to tired to start another project so in the meantime I am hoping these new beauties distract guests from the mess. Since I already had the frames {read about them here} and the wallpaper samples were free this project cost me $0.00 :) Gotta love that!

disclaimer - I was not paid to say any of the above from Farrow and Ball I just love their papers and wanted to share this fun free project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...