10.17.2011

our fall weekend

This past weekend Dave and I decided to try and take advantage of Will's 1-3pm awake time and head to our local farmers market. I love the town I live in especially in the fall when the local farm stands have all of their fall gourds and pumpkins out. I wanted to try and get the classic picture of your baby with a pumpkin {you know the ones you have been seeing all over facebook} but Will was not cooperating that is until a crowd of women came over to comment on how cute he is. I swear that boy understands and he started flirting right back with them. So basically smile photos are the ones with his fan club nearby and the non smiles one are where I was jumping around like a crazy person trying to get him to smile and got nothing :)
This next one cracks me up because I spotted a hay stack and thought it would be cute to get a picture of Will sitting on it. I guess we do not get out much around hay/grass because Will would not take his eyes off of it. Seriously, all of my pictures are him staring/playing with the hay. {Thank you Aunt Katie for the hand me downs.}
We decided to take a back road on the way home from the farm stand and I think I spotted {one of} my dream homes. It is hard to see but this estate was built in the 1920's and the property is amazing. It sold in 2005 for 3 million!
And in case the huge house, trees and fields were not enough of a seller this is the view they have. Yeah, that is the Potomac {in very sunny sunlight}. Can you imagine!
I did spot this beauty for sale right down the road which is a little less the one above. If you have 1.5 million this home could be yours ;) It has a basketball court, putting green, swimming pool and seriously have you seen a cuter home. I love houses that have the cute little side mudroom entryway.
When we got home from our adventures I made these for dinner. Oh my goodness they did not disappoint. Garlic bread on the outside and yummy pizza on the inside. Nothing says fall to me more than comfort food {and babies with pumpkins :)}.
And lastly, we ended our night with entertainment from Will.  Playing with his shadow {this was entertainment for at least 20 minutes... love it!}
What is more fun to a 9 month old then a classic game of hide and seek? Although Will does not quite have the hide part down.
Where is Will?
There he is!
I wish fall Saturdays were year round. Life seems so much better in crisp cooler weather :) Hope you all had a fun weekend as well!

2 comments:

  1. Only 1.5 million? I'll take it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I had a great time reading all the posts. You have a beautiful home and family. I will come back ... =)

    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...