6.29.2011

red, white and blue

As promised here is an easy 4th of July project that takes under 5 minutes to do and adds a little festive touch to your home.
I found the already cut out felt stars in the dollar section at Joanne.
Of course if you already have felt and want to do it yourself go ahead but I knew my stars would not look that great so I spent the $3.00 {for 3 packs} and called it a day. All I needed for this project was my twine and hole puncher {both of which I already had} and I could get to work.
Just punch one hole in the top of each star and then add the stars one at a time to your twine.
I really like how it looked all stacked up and will have to remember to get more stars next year to try and achieve this look.
Once I had them all added to the twine I simply hung them from my fireplace. For $3.00 total I loved how this turned out!
Yesterday, I also made this little onesie for Will to wear on Monday. 
I have been looking for a fourth of July outfit this past week but I guess I waited to long and have not been able to find anything so I had to make one myself. Not perfect but since he will only wear it once I think it will serve it's purpose for the pictures :) Please excuse the non ironed mess. I promise it looks cuter in person!  I already had the fabric, onesie and the iron on webbing so this little outfit was free.

I am off to my office garage to finish spray painting a project that I have been working on. Cannot wait to show you all the finished product!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Our new home has a fireplace + mantle and I am now inspired to decorate for holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the garland! Cute and simple to make is a wonderful combo :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...