4.04.2011

A Bridal Shower

About a month ago I gave my dear sweet friend Katrina a bridal shower.
She is such a special friend to me and I could not wait to celebrate her upcoming wedding (which just happened this past weekend! yay for the new Mrs. Young!). A few of her wedding colors were pink and teal so I decided to focus on those two colors for the shower.

One of the items that she really wanted to use as table decorations at her wedding were mason jars so all of her family and friends started collecting. My husband's family has gone to Deep Creek Lake the past few summers and my mother - in- law is an expert antique shopper and has scouted out the best places to shop. I was able to get a handful of jars for her much cheaper then I would have been able to get in Northern Virginia. They did not have lids so I am sure this is why they were cheaper but since she put flower arrangements in them lids were not a necessity.
I love flowers and knew that I would use them everywhere that I could. Thankfully I live close to a Wegmans and I think they have a great flower selection for a reasonable price. Flowers really make all the difference in my opinion.
Below is a picture of the mantel all dressed up for the party. I found the lace wedding bell garland at the dollar store of all places. I placed it behind a home-made banner that I made out of card stock and twine. I got the mantel 4 years ago at a junk store in Norfolk, Virginia while visiting my parents.
I was so excited to use my collection of glassware and cream china that I have collected over the years. The table runner was from a good friend's wedding. I love the this Waverly fabric pattern and have a bunch in stock if anyone wants something made from it!
A friend of mine made the oreo truffles you can see below on the dessert bar and I am dying to get her recipe. I will try and remember to post it once I get it from her because everyone needs to try them!
The cupcake flags were so fun to make. I had gotten this love stamp at Michaels in the dollar rack. I simply stamped it on label paper and then cut it out and folded it over a toothpick to stick in the cupcake.
 
GO DUKES!
The below cups were made again with a stamp and label paper. An easy and inexpensive way to dress up dollar store cups! Aqua napkins are from Ikea.
So thankful for my friendship with Katrina. We lived together right after college before I got married and I loved being able to share that year with her. She is the most selfless person I know and I am so blessed to be able to call her my best friend.  I hope everyone has a Katrina in their life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...